1988 hilux mini truck project

Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

1988 hilux mini truck project

DaroDFS DaroDFS
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/20/12
05:14 PM

Hey guys I just brought a 1988 hilux or pickup for $250 and plan try to build a truck for as cheap as possible and this being my first mini truck project I thought it was a good idea to make me work on the car myself instead of paying people to do work although some jobs I will pay to be done such as suspension I won't e bagging it due to the cost do will be flipping springs.

I'm doing this project to show people that have no experience can customise cars and cause its funi myself have no machanical knowledge so this should be fun Smile

Things I'm not having on the car
Huge rims keeping stockies Smile
Bagged
Motor change
Not putting bucket seats in it has a bench seat which I love

Things I am doing to the car
Paint Body and frame
Bogging and fiberglass
Shaving
Smoking tail lights
Engine rebuild
Replacing parts and lights
Custom interior full fiberglass dash floor and panels
Grinding
Cutting

Things I'm paying to have done -
Suspension, dean from chronic customs will be doing this I personally don't have and can't get the tools for it
Tint, can get it don't quite cheap and I am horrible at doing it so it's easier
Bench seat reapulstered Because I have no idea how and want a good job
And maybe stereo, maybe this depending on price I can do it that's fine but my problem is I hate working with electric things haha

Looking to help answering questions and general advice and tips
Mini truckers from australia
Anyone to chat about cars with
Also will be making videos on my YouTube channel which YouTube.com/darodfs
Or follow photos on instagram daro_dfs

My first questions are:
- can you put and parts eg mirrors and bumpers from the early 90's models on the 88?
- anyone know any good online shops to buy parts from

Thanks guys
Daro DFS  

WeAllLoveMeth WeAllLoveMeth
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/17/13
05:18 PM

Well on the whole 1988 to 1990s stuff I do not know if they swap directly but I know from experience you can make anything work...that's the funniest part of the lifestyle lol. And I'm glad to hear somebody is actually doing their own work. It's gonna be tough your first time but it'll come along. I had my first bagged truck and it was hardly symmetrical or appealing but it worked. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck  

DaroDFS DaroDFS
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 06/24/13
09:02 PM

Thanks man it's been good so far haven't had much trouble
I'm using this truck as a learning project so won't be perfect so I can see what I can do