Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

Noob Trucker

MrLebreen MrLebreen
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/25/12
05:03 PM

Gday all

As a first time minitrucker I've got some really noob questions to ask everyone here and definitely taking heaps of tips and tricks i should consider. I've got a 2001 Ford Courier supercab 2wd.

I want to start by dropping it 4" with blocks any tips or extras i can put in it?
What do bags do? how much are they? and will they fit on my truck?
Anything to stop my truck from shifting side to side when i drop it? My mate dropped his 2" and it moves if you push it :/
What can i do my engine/performance wise?
I dont really like the big 20's and up but i like the look of them tucked how do i do that? and any specific relatively cheap wheels i should look at?
What size bump stops should i get?
Anything else i can/should add on I'm open minded?

I dont think im to into the car show stuff so im not looking to spending millions on it but just want it to be a head turner any help and answers would be heaps greatful.

Cheers L from downunder  

5569 5569
Administrator | Posts: 7613 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 09/28/12
01:38 PM

Hi!
Can we see your truck? You can upload a few pictures at http://rides.minitruckinweb.com.

Simply, static dropping it will just make it lower, whereas bags will allow it to go up and down (and side to side, if set up that way). So you'd have adjustability. Bags will include more supplies (and maintenance likely) than a static drop. You'd need the airbags, valves, compressor(s), airline, fittings, etc.
Tucking 20s would require more modifications. The lower you go and the bigger the wheels you have, the more work likely to make it that way.

As far as shifting side to side - it all depends on the setup.  

MrLebreen MrLebreen
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/28/12
04:09 PM

cool whats static drop lol sorry? would it be the same as lowering blocks or can i use lowering blocks and static drop it?. I've been looking into Bags as I've seen it in a truck the same as mine and it was really awesome Smile
When talking about wheels i was only going to stick like 16's on it cos i dont like the look of overly huge wheel.

But thanks heaps ill upload a picture of my truck online it doesnt have an mods as of yet just a new cut and polish lol but im keen as hell to get started into transforming it BEASTMODE style