Isuzu wheel hub help

Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

Isuzu wheel hub help

W_G_S W_G_S
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/24/12
01:53 PM

Hello All, just got some Navigator wheels drilled out to fit my 89 pup. The wheels bolt up fine now, but I'm having an issue with putting the center cap on, because these dang hubs stick out about an inch to much, is there anyone out there that could tell me how to correct this problem. Whether its to get spindles or get a new knuckle, please help with your experiences/suggestions. Wil  

W_G_S W_G_S
08:41 PM

really would love some help here!!!! Are the any other years that do not have this hub that doesnt stick out so far?  

bnrolld bnrolld
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/12
09:00 PM

get wheel spacers to offset wheel to outside  
--------------------------------------------------

not only the founder of the white trash mafia im also a member

94 yj over the limit and out of control

" You can say what you want about the South,
but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North..."

woodsman58

W_G_S W_G_S
Posted: 06/25/12
01:02 PM

Thanks, but I'm seeing if there is a way to do this without the use of spacers. If there is no other way, I know I will be forced to use spacers. I have to stay with the 6 x 5.5 lug pattern also. I'm am willing to do a knuckle swap, drop spindles or any mod that isn't to extensive. Thank you for your help Minitruckinweb.  

Srosenbaum Srosenbaum
User | Posts: 68 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 06/26/12
07:52 AM

dont get spacers when i put the escalade wheels on my 92 i took a dremel and carefully cut the plastic out of the center on the back side and it worked for me i now have all four covers on mine. Keep in mind i have escalade wheels not navigator so it may or may not work on yours.  

W_G_S W_G_S
02:58 PM

Thanks, I looked into shaving some of the cap off, but it still wont be enough. even thought about using a slimmer nutt and grinding some of knuckle off at the thread, but I will wait for a while and see what other ideas webmembers have. Thank you for your input. Willie  

burnzya burnzya
Moderator | Posts: 1332 | Joined: 10/07
10:11 PM

is it the dust cap sticking out? i've seen people flatten them out to clear a wheel cover.  
it's more like a pebble crawler

W_G_S W_G_S
11:29 PM

its a little more than the dust cap. not much but to much to put the cap on, even with the dust cap off tried to post a pic, but i still haven't figured that out yet  

W_G_S W_G_S
Posted: 06/30/12
12:24 PM

no other suggestions from the web  

W_G_S W_G_S
Posted: 07/09/12
11:58 PM

So since I cant find anyone who has modified their wheel hubs, I guess no none has done it. I've decided to try and grind the hub down to the cotter pin to if that will create enough room to install the caps. Ive also seen some other 7 inch caps for navigators that seem to protrude out a little which may give me enough room. I will keep the forum posted on my project. can anyone tell me how to post pics here?  

bnrolld bnrolld
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 07/10/12
09:28 AM

hit the reply to thread button then click the square icon top right then upload from photo bucket (etc.) site then finish your comment and post you may or may not have to remove the large IMG for it to post  
--------------------------------------------------

not only the founder of the white trash mafia im also a member

94 yj over the limit and out of control

" You can say what you want about the South,
but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North..."

woodsman58