Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

New Seattle guy

Dead91silvia Dead91silvia
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/06/12
09:45 PM

Hey guys... and gals,

I have been into mini trucks for a long time, just never build one other then in the form on a plastic kit. I have built a number of cars.  number of classic Volvo's, Nissan S13's, Subaru's, and a few others. I have 4 trucks with 2 of them being Mini trucks.

#1 is my 1994 Toyota truck. It's not much, but gets the job done. I got to for my mechanic business I have for hauling and picking up parts. I can never leave things alone  so I have done a few little things to it. I stil have to use it for work, so it will never have a body drop or craziness like that, but will be a looker when I'm all done.
-94 4Runner complete front end, dash, cluster, steering column.
-canopy (w/ removable Yakima rack)
-1990 Jeeps Cherokee wheels right now, have a set of JDM Skyline 16" wheels waiting for spacers.
-doors from a DX in the works. I hate the big ugly work truck mirrors and would like the nicer SR5 door panels. I'm getting body and paint done before installing..

#2 is my dads old 1980 Datsun 720 King cab. He got it new and I dont remember life without it. He now has a Toyota 4x4 so he never uses it so I figured I would finally do my dream of a slammed Mini Truck! As of now it's just chilling at my friends house, but as soon as I finish up a few of my other projects it comes home and goes under the knife. Looks like crap right now, but she has been sitting for 4-5 years...
-84/85 4x4 grill, bumper, lower valance.
-83/84 bed
-Honda Civic seats...
Planing a 5 lug setup, airbags, possible body drop or just C-notch, not sure yet. Alo want to maybe change the motor. I like the idea od an SR20DET but I'm thinking of just getting some Vintage DCOE Webbers and a re-build on the L20B would work just fine.

Anyway, I didnt know where else to post pics of the trucks, so here they are...

The Datsun
IMG 3200

IMG 3201

The Toyota ( I have better pics, just not uploaded to PB at the moment...
IMG 6291  
94 Toyota truck
80 Datsun 720
98 Legacy GT
66 Volvo 122
91 Pulsar GTiR