Mini Truckin'
Click here to find out more!

1988 Ford Ranger, Custom Chassis, Air-Ride, Etc....

Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

1988 Ford Ranger, Custom Chassis, Air-Ride, Etc....

sc1448 sc1448
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/27/12
05:04 PM

1988 Ford Ranger project truck. The truck is a standard cab long bed with a full custom frame and stock floor bodydrop. The frame was hand-made using 2x3x1/4" box tubing in the areas needing extra strength and 3/16" thick wherever possible in an effort to keep the weight down. The chassis utilizes custom I-Beams up front with the bags on the radius arms (also custom) and a triangulated 4-link using a Watts Link in the rear with the bags on top of the lower 4-link bars. The frame was designed with the ability to lay out on 20's. (22's if you run a 25 series tire). The 19's shown in the pictures I have available are long gone and have been replaced by the stock 14" ranger wheels with nice tires on them.  The air management consists of a Viar 450 and 2 custom 5-gallon air tanks, 3/8" lines with 1/2" valves, and a 9- function rocker switch switchbox to control it all. Slam Specialties bags up front and Firestone bags in the rear. The engine is a Ford 2.0L that was freshened up when I put the truck together. The engine has been painted and detailed and a Holley 2-barrel carburetor installed. The frame was painted in a booth with high gloss black epoxy paint along with all the suspension components and rear axle. The body is complete but will need work before its ready for paint as it retains the original paint from 1988. The interior is stock except for a custom center console and sub box along with matching cloth bucket seats. The bed floor has been raised and though not finished, the majority of the hard work has all been done. Even though I had been driving the truck for some time as my daily driver, it's being sold as an unfinished project that will need some attention before it is again road worthy. One item is the clutch which fades out and slips after about 10 minutes of driving. Being about the only part that was not replaced when I built the truck, it now needs to be replaced. Other issues are mostly cosmetic in nature and most can be seen from the photos. $2800 is my asking price and though negotiations are welcome, serious inquiries only!  Again, the truck is being sold in a project status. Delivery possible also. Please feel free to call or text any questions.
Here's a link to the build details with lots of pictures: http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/f413/sfbd-progress-first-week-219622.html Thanks for looking!
Don (267) 337-5889 -cell or (215) 990-4628 -cell  

sc1448 sc1448
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/27/12
06:12 PM

I forgot to mention in the listing, we are located in Bucks County, PA, just outside Philadelphia.
Thanks!
-Don