phantom grille

Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

phantom grille

reshoku reshoku
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/21/10
05:58 AM

Does any know where I can get a phantom grille for my 87' isuzu pick up? I've seen it in a few magazines but I can't seem to find it in any catalogues or on the net. Can some give me some info?  

Srosenbaum Srosenbaum
User | Posts: 68 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 08/06/11
08:16 AM

you might have to get one for a s-10 and modify it  

DROP DROP
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 08/11
Posted: 08/13/11
12:48 AM

They never made one for 1981-1987.There was an add for it but when you called to order it they say it was a typo.Been there done that!They then try to sell you a dang S-10 Fhantom and tell you to trim it your self.But as you know the widows peak on the hood is diffrant than a S-10 and the bend in the middle would not be right.So you dont have a 17"tall full table bending jigg set up f-that!I had a Full phantom grill back in 94 on my 87 PUP.I had to sink the head light buckits back an inch to make it look right.Then I had to bend the hole darn thing in the middle, grind the center rear vertical bar off becase it was pushing off the center front core support bar that held the origanal in place.Tigg weld two new ones on ether side of that bar.You cant remove that bar,because if you do the hood lach set up wont support the waight of the hood nose. That darn bar is the key eliment to the hole set up.You could add some steal to the left and right 13 1/2" to coenside verticly with the edges of the radiator opening. I dont have mine any more it was destroyed in a accident when drunk driver pined me into a gard rail.When I came out of hospital and could walk again I rebuilt the truck with parts fron another donner.At that point I whent differant direction with the grill. The pain of having to do all that stuff to a S-10 grill again wasnt worth it. Didnt tell you that pepole would mistakenly think my ride was a S-10 because of that grill.  

bigpat30 bigpat30
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 12/31/11
08:42 AM

I also have this problem with my 86 Pup...I've thought of the s-10 grille, but noticed the hood latch problem too! I've come to the conclusion I just need to build a custom phantom grille!! Good luck with whatever you decide!