Mini Truckin'
1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Bagged 02 Extreme

CARNAGE111905 CARNAGE111905
User | Posts: 80 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/03/11
08:49 PM

ALRIGHT YALL. Ive got a couple questions. Ive got a 02 S10 Extreme with a 4.3 auto thats been bagged with Air Ride Technoligies strong arms uppers and lowers and with their airbar bolt on 4 link kit. The truck had the factory ac and heaterbox taken out of the engine compartment and out from under the dash. I would like to put heat on it cause i live in TN and it gets cold here during the winter, and i need it for my kid. If it was just me id be cool with it not havin heat. But i have gotten the ac box and blower motor for in the engine compartmen and i have found a heatercore that will fit where the ac part was. But i know that i will have have to trim the bottom of the box to be able to clear the tires. I have 235/35zr20s. But i dont know how much ill have to trim off or if i might be able to use a different box to hold the blower motor and heatercore. Also i am only getting maybe 5 to 6 inches of lift and would like more. The front does not have shocks but the rear does. How would i get more travel out of the truck? Really not concerned with that as much as i am the heater box and blower motor part. Iknow that there was an article either in MiniTruckin or Truckin where they did this mod but i cant find it. If you have any info to help me out hit me up on here or you can email me at superman11_19_05@yahoo.com. Thank you and PEACE! (Id post a pic of the truck but cant figure out how.) lol
S10
S101  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

tuckn22s tuckn22s
Guru | Posts: 968 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 02/04/11
05:29 PM

you can trim the blower box a little bit but the more you take out the less air flow you get.
To increase lift first you need to figure out why it isnt getting much lift to begin with. Lay the truck out and look to see if the bag is fully compressed. It should be about 3" tall. If the bag is not compressed to 3" or so then you need taller cups.  
World Wide Air Suspension Store
CustomConnectionLLC.com
facebook.com/customconnection
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103

Posted: 02/04/11
05:55 PM

Ahh ok cool. Thought bout getting taller cups but didnt know if that would work or not. The rear has sleeves how can i get more lift with the rear? and also the rear still has shocks its the ones that come with the Airbar kit could that be keepin me from gettin more lift? And also it only has front and back, it raises up kinda sideways. Nothin is holdin the suspension or rubbin it. If one shock is wore out or busted could that keep it from raising up evenly. If so will it be safe to drive it without the shocks like the front is now. I dont plan on goin faster then the speed limit cause of my kid and dont like tickets. lol I thought bout gettin some 14" lift sleeves for the rear but would cups work instead and what would be easier to do. There is something under the sleeves that are on the rear that looks like cups now. What would be cheaper or better qualtiy ride? New to the "bagged" scene. Always wanted a bagged truck, now i finally got one and trying to figure out eveything all at once. Is it just a trial and error thing? Really dont want errors. lol Afraid their costly.  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

tuckn22s tuckn22s
Posted: 02/05/11
12:53 PM

ALWAYS run shocks!! It lifts sideways due to the "chevy lean" (gas tank and you on the same side)you can help this by adding 4 more valves
Run 2600 bags in the back 2500 up front.  
CustomConnectionLLC.com
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103

ReArAnGeD ReArAnGeD
User | Posts: 63 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 02/06/11
09:39 AM

haha dude i think i offered my truck or either my buddys truck for your extreme on mautofied one time lol  

06:09 PM

I actually got this off mautofied.com. Are u talkin bout the dime or the silverado that u offered me an trade on and what was it? And back to the liftin sideways thing. It does it "sometimes" even when im not in the truck.(controlin it from the outside. I plan on gettin 4 more valves to go it. Drove it today without shocks cause i didnt check the post b4 i had to leave and it bounced a lil but not bad. Kinda leaned in the corners but not bad. The swaybar was taken off when they bagged it can 1 be put back on? Like i said ive got alot of questions bout it cause its my FIRST bagged ride and i love it already. Already had over 10 offers for it and ive only had it for less then a month. Right at a month. Wantin to trade my 20s for some 18s or even some 17s if they look good and got GREAT tread. Please let me know what i might be able to do bout everything. PEACE!  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

ReArAnGeD ReArAnGeD
User | Posts: 63 | Joined: 01/11
11:35 PM

i offered my ranger for it and i offered my buddys f150 for it  

Posted: 02/07/11
08:46 PM

Post some pics lets see what they look like or send me some pics to my email.
superman11_19_05@yahoo.com
Ive only had the truck for maybe a month now. LOL you would have sent the offer to the guy that had it b4 me. Lets see what they look like. PEACE!  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

Posted: 02/08/11
03:39 PM

Still wonderin if a antisway bar can be added or if i would need one? I know that if i get more valves and hook them up then that alone will make lean in corners by just doin that. Also i have a 10 switch box thats busted, i want to get another 10 or 9 switch box but dont know what would be better and would a wiring diagram come with it so i can hook everything up the way it should be hooked up. Does each valve need a relay or can it just be straight wired. Like i said i dont really know alot bout baggin stuff but wantin to learn. Hit me up if you have any info that you can share. PEACE!  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

tuckn22s tuckn22s
04:05 PM

8 valves will help keep it from having body roll in corners but you can still add a sway bar if you want. All of our switchboxes (10,9, and 6 switch) come with the wiring diagram. Here is the link to it http://thecustomconnectiononline.com/switch_box_wiring.php  these wiring diagrams will only work for our switch boxes. our switchboxes have an internal circuit board that does not require you to run relays for the valves  
CustomConnectionLLC.com
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103

04:25 PM

Ok cool ill check it out. Im plannin on gettin another compressor, more valves, more airline, another dual guage, and more bags for the front and taller sleeves for the rear. (ill keep the ones i have for back ups) Possibly a different tank and wonderin if i could put the tank under the bed where the spare tire was but a friend told me that a rock or somethin could hit it and cause it to blow. Any info on this? Also wondering how long bags last until they either blow, fail, or just need to be replaced. Can anything be done to them to extend their life? Nothing is rubbing them or anything.  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

tuckn22s tuckn22s
07:05 PM

bags dont just blow or fail. As long as they do not come into contact with anything they will last for years. I have a truck with the same bags since 2002. A lot of people mount thier tank there. Its pretty common. A rock will not blow the tank unless you bought a junk imported tank from ...well i better not lol  
CustomConnectionLLC.com
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103

07:40 PM

Ok cool. Well i will still get new bags and sleeves just incase something happens rather have some on hand so i wont have to pop on something all at once. And dont know bout the tank. I think its a 8 or 12 gallon. Its a big round as a 10" sub and it is almost from side to side in the bed. bout 3" on one side between the tank and the bed and bout 1" on the other side.(not as much room cause of the compressor hose. Its heavy and there is no water in it. Already checked. (Also isnt bolted in just set in the bed.) Also got to thinkin bout inventing or doing stuff to kinda customize my ride. Thought bout putting a female connector from a house air compressor and tank so i can hook up an air hose to be able to air up a tire or hook up a impact. Wonderin if the tank would hold enough pressure to be able to take a wheel off. LOL I think bout wierd *** like that all the time. LOL Holla at me and tell me what you think. PEACE  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

tuckn22s tuckn22s
Posted: 02/09/11
09:21 AM

I put a quick disconnect coupler on every truck i build for myself!! Its nice to air up a tire but also if im working on the truck and dont want the trucks motor running for the compressors i can just use the shop compressor to keep the truck tank full. Be sure to put a ball valve between the tank and quick disconnect because the quick disconnects leak after time. I would not put sleeve bags back on the truck. I would put 2500 lb bags all the way around it or 2500 in the front 2600 in the back  
CustomConnectionLLC.com
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103

Posted: 02/09/11
04:18 PM

Only reason i was gonna do the sleeve bags is cause the AirBar from Airride Technologies had sleeves on it but i think they are 10" ive found some 14" that i was gonna put on it. And they are the same size round as the ones now ,bout 5" maybee 6" in diameter. But if i go with just bags I think I will need somethin taller then 2600 cause the sleeves thats on it now are mounted under and behind the the axle. Think i will need more lift then what they will give me. Would i be able to put some cups under them to boost up the height? If you look at the smaller pic of the dime where it is raised up, the rear is lower then the front. I would like the rear as high or maybe even a lil higher then the front. But also worried bout the size and diameter of the bag. Afraid that it might come in contact with the axle and also thinkin bout puttin the shocks back on it and the sleeves are maybe a inch from the sleeves now. Also the shocks that came with the Airbar I think are busted. Will regular shocks be able to work or would i need to get different ones like from the company? I think that the front has the 2500 bags but not for sure. Kinda look like them from ads and stuff but cant see any distinguishing marks or writing on them. Also cant find any tires that i need for the front round here that are less then $150 a piece. Found some online for $75 a piece new. Tryin to find some 235 or 245/35/zr20s. Rear has 255/35/zr20s and wonderin if the front would be able to handle the same size tire with out rubbin. LMAO Im a dumba$$ i just now thought bout takin the rear on the front and raising it up and down to see what happenes and what clears and what rubs. LOL  
CARNAGE111905

Go Low or Go Home!

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last