1990 mazda B2200 project

Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

1990 mazda B2200 project

07_rtx 07_rtx
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/25/10
06:24 AM

Hey everyone im new to the forum, but not to the mini trucking scene. I have been to many shows with many different vehicles for a few years. But the last 2 years i decided to work on a little project truck to show and tow. Im not a fan of trailer queens, but this one will be the closes i get to one. Its a 1990 mazda B2200 4cyl 5 speed that i picked up for 200 bucks since the motor was shot. The previous owner decided to beat the crap out of the truck so its all dented up, interior was trashed, frame was rusted out, and none of the gauges worked. I bought it because the owner had just put a brand new transmission, rear axle, driveshaft, cylinder head, and carburetor on the truck before it slung a rod at only 120,000 miles. My intentions were to part it out and haul the rest to pits, but the plans changed. I pulled everything off the frame to see how bad everything really was (it was bad). The only part of the frame that was salvageable was the front clip to hold the radiator and engine. Starting there i took square tubing and hand built the rest of the frame. I modified the front control arms instead fo replacing them for a set of 2500 firestone air bags. Once i started bagging the frame i decided since i was already invested in this thing just to go all out and body drop it as well. The square tube frame helped, but since the interior floor was rusted out i replaced and raised it as well. I raised the bed floor also since i didnt want to have a cut out back there. I also kept it where i could open the tailgate for a place to sit at the shows. I hand made the rear suspension using a swing arm type air bag stands with drop blocks to hold the axle down. After that i braced everything up and welded smoothed front to back and had it all powder coated gloss black. Once the frame come back i put the body back on to start the body work which was a very long process due to severity of rust and dents. I replaced all the bad metal, shaved the doors, shaved the tail gate and molded a license plate box in it, made my own roll pan out of steel and rolled it under, shaved the gas door, shaved the mirrors, and shaved the holes on the wiper cowl leaving just the posts to connect wiper arms to. Then i added a 95 toyota 2wd front bumper and valance that was painted to match. I dont have many pictures of the build up except from the body work on since my last phone died and took my pics with it. But its still a work in progress. It needs the interior finished since all that is inside of it is a dash and 2002 mustang bucket seats. The motor still needs rebuilt or replaced, but im in no hurry it does run, just knocks. As of right now she is freshly painted silver and burnt orange all the way around under the hood, between the bed and cab, and door jambs. Its sitting on some 2000 tahoe stock wheels with low profile tires, but i have some 18s for it if i can find some tires cheap. I have considered selling it as is to get out of a little debt, but also would like to keep it. Anyway here are some pics tell me what you think of it or any questions ill try to answer. Cant get pics uploaded so ill keep trying  

07_rtx 07_rtx
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/25/10
06:50 AM

Try this link out for pics maybe:

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz276/07_rtx/