Ad Radar
Mini Truckin'
Click here to find out more!

Mount a York eng.driv. compressor to a sbc.... OEM bracket!!!

Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

Mount a York eng.driv. compressor to a sbc.... OEM bracket!!!

Maddstacks Maddstacks
New User | Posts: 47 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 06/21/09
01:56 AM

I know Ive seen a bracket on a web site here a while back but from the looks of it it didnt look very sturdy. so I made my own 1/4 in thick steel grade 8 bolts the works. As psi built to about 150 it took the Biggest dump on me possable.. wipes out radiator, fan, shroud, hoses, all of it BUT THE YORKS STILL GOOD!!!! so im gonna make another and this old guy that I hang out with (CAR GOD) the man is a walkin phone book and quit useing a timeing light when he realized he can do it better by EAR! Im not kiddin he times them faster than u can unroll the light. Anyway he's got this infanate knowledge of cars and he was tellin me about these old pepsi and coke gmc trucks have air brakes... powerd by a york... bolted to a small block chevy... so what I was wondering is any body free to help me jump a fence or 2 into a coke plant????    Nahh do they really exist or what????  

burnzya burnzya
Moderator | Posts: 1332 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 06/21/09
07:36 PM

did chevy ever use the york factory on a passenger vehicle? we usually pull them off fords.  
it's more like a pebble crawler

Maddstacks Maddstacks
New User | Posts: 47 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 06/22/09
01:06 AM

Yea me to I think its 70 model and older. but there was some made from what he was tellin me so that they could use them to power the air brakes of the trucks...