2001 sonoma needs bags

Mini Truckin'
Item Posts    Sort Order

2001 sonoma needs bags

ronurban ronurban
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/07/09
09:44 PM

I just got a 2001 sonoma and i really wanna bag it i need it to be kinda cheap where is a good place to get everything i need and can i just use the factory control arms or do i have to get the tubular ones if you have one or know someone that does get me some pics and info thanks ron  

burnzya burnzya
Moderator | Posts: 1332 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 02/08/09
01:45 AM

here are a few
http://www.airbagit.com
http://www.suicidedoors.com

you can use the factory control arms, the tubular are nice when you want to lay frame on a big wheel/tire combo.  
it's more like a pebble crawler

ronurban ronurban
08:20 AM

i think i could fabricate the rear but i dont know about the frount anyway u could tell me over the net  

burnzya burnzya
Moderator | Posts: 1332 | Joined: 10/07
07:21 PM

i believe all you will need for the front is bag cups, which several places sell. they bolt in where your shocks would bolt, and the bag goes in between them.  
it's more like a pebble crawler

ronurban ronurban
Posted: 02/10/09
03:21 PM

i thought the bags went where the springs are now is that not right  

tuckn22s tuckn22s
Guru | Posts: 968 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 02/10/09
03:44 PM

yes you are correct the bag and cups take the place of the factory coil and shock... you will need to relocate the shocks though  
World Wide Air Suspension Store
CustomConnectionLLC.com
facebook.com/customconnection
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103

CMAC CMAC
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/24/09
05:05 PM

I have got to comment on Michael Page's 1999 GMC Sonoma i think my cousins Charles Buster Jr and Sr and the rest of a Buster pain and body crew did an awesome job on that truck. now if I could convince Charlie to come and get my car and make it look awesome I would be in high heaven  

01GMC 01GMC
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/28/10
04:02 PM

Dont forget to notch the eyebrows on the spring pockets...  

bodybagged bodybagged
User | Posts: 155 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 11/30/10
08:09 PM

what size wheels do you plan to run?

do you wanna lay frame?

you can lay 20's with dehump lowers and pie cutting the uppers with 2" drop spindles but your going to need to relocate alot under the hood to lay frame.

if money is an issue i would dehump lowers and plate them, buy some tubular uppers and 2" drop spindles run slam re7s up front which youll only need an upper bolt in bag cup, and order no notch tie rods or you can notch the frame but the cost of no notch tie rods are WELL worth it trust me.

cut the pocket so you can slide your hand all the way around the bag when its bolted in so it doesnt rubb the frame. youll have to remove inner fenders, portion of AC box or modify the box, tub the fire wall, ditch the over flow tank make a bracket for the computer cut inner fender supports and on drivers side raise or relocate the wiring harness, move the abs or ditch it and make a mount for the fuse box and if need be modify the intake. its alot of work.

for the rear its easiest to get a suicide doors 3 link for the s10 so you can keep the gas tank in stock spot.. stay away from the LRD 4 link kit for s10s its junk trust me haha youll be happy with the 3 link no need for super pivot notch it and add some slam re8s youll be kosher!

run your tank and compressors under the bed where the spare tire would go looks clean and youll regret it in the bed...