Mini Truckin'
1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Best Subwoofers?

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Administrator | Posts: 50 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/09/06
05:40 AM

Who do you guys think makes the best subwoofers?  

Livin Loud Livin Loud
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/10/06
09:57 AM

Audiobahn is the best. Alpine is also pretty good.  

slammed slammed
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/11/06
01:20 PM

I think that Kicker L7's are the best for trucks  

5569 5569
Administrator | Posts: 7613 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 09/14/06
07:42 AM

haha who cares, subs are like valves, they don't perform on their own, it depends on the whole setup.  

lowmax lowmax
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/04/06
01:15 PM

it does matter on the system because there are a lot of subs out there that are the "best". the best SQ, the highest spl, the best for small enclosures and the best for large enclosures.
but it does matter.  

box man box man
User | Posts: 163 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 11/05/06
06:49 PM

Man there really is no answer to that question... it's like asking which religion is better or which political party is better... or even which race if has the best lookin women, your gonna have your diehards who swear by one brand and your gonna have your lacadaisicals like me who just from brand to brand like we go from girlfriend to girlfriend... I musta gone through a 30 sets of subs and some worked better in certain situations and types of music than others and then sucked *** in other situation with a differant type of music.. there are just to many factors to compensate for.. I've had kickers, fosgates, audiobahn, power acoustics, jensens, pyles, infinity's, and polks, just to name a few... and each one had its ups and downs... so my answer to this question would really be "who cares what kind they are! if it bumps, turn that *** up, and if it don't, turn it up anyway!!!!  
YES... THE BOXMAN RETURNETH!!!

5569 5569
Administrator | Posts: 7613 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 11/10/06
09:59 AM

lol yeah i hear ya.

and for sure, there is always the BEST for certain applications, but most people won't know the difference between good and the BEST, esp. for the $$ difference, or even know how to tune the BEST to make it sound that way. but for sure, if it's your profession and the objective is to have top quality, then it matters.  

box man box man
Posted: 11/11/06
07:10 PM

yeah I feel ya... I used to be around people who were into the competition scene everyday when i was younger... in fact thats what got me started on custom automobiles... back in early 90's my sisters had alot of thier friends at the house everyday and most of them had systems and several were into competitions, my favorite was this slammed standard cab Dakota with custom paint and rims that poked out(remember when if you had 15" x 8"s wrapped in 195/50's you were the *** that belonged to my oldest sisters boyfriend, he had 2-12"'s, 4-6 1/2"s, 4-4"'s, and 4-1/2" tweeters, subs were Kickers, highs were MB Quarts, being pushed by PPI amps and Audio Control processers. That was one of the cleanest sounding systems I ever heard and his parents systems were even better, and his little sister could out-bump *** neat anyone with 2-15's in a Supra. My other sisters boyfriend had a dropped full size GMC ext. cab truck with the same basic setup, but it was all Rockford Fosgate with an Alpine head unit(Pull out decks!!!.. remember those lmao) Anyhow.. My point is that 5569 is absolutely right. Some brands are better for certain applications than others... Some are built for bang for the buck and others are built around pavement crumbling output while others are meant to turn your ride into a concert hall... So when you ask, "Who makes the best sub?" You also need to specify what the budget and desired performance aspects are going to be...  

S10Man_2001 S10Man_2001
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/26/06
07:44 PM

What are you putting them in I have a lot of ideas. The best in my opinion is the best sound quality and for that its hard to beat a Pioneer.  

box man box man
Posted: 11/27/06
03:59 PM

Has anyone heard the new oval shaped Boston Acoustics? I've always liked Bostons Mids and Highs, never heard thier subs though, and I was thunkin bout cuttin out what remains of the cab and bed wall and tossin a pair of the ovals in thurrr....  

DRAGBYU DRAGBYU
User | Posts: 111 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 11/29/06
11:28 AM

I LIKE THOSE FUNKYPUP 12'S AND THE VOLFENHIEGEN  SUBS.THAY WHANG IN MY GEO...SO WHAT I GOT  A GEO......YOU LAUGHIN HOMIE??????LOL...JUST THOUGHT ID BE STUPID FOR A SEC...OH WAIT...THATS ALL THE TIME......GARY  

TagDragger TagDragger
Enthusiast | Posts: 563 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/29/07
09:34 AM

Right now i have a sony Xplod head unit (face is fried but all works through the remote   wierd) factory dash speakers factory in the pillars behind the seat a pair of 10" Xplods behind the seats (still comfy to drive no holes in cab) being pushed by a JBL amp a friend gave me 'cause he couldn't get it to work . I get the most looks in town . People can't believe what lil bit i have with such a big bump . I have no idea how many watts the amp is but it is a mono block  so i'm guessing around 600-800 watts . The biggest part is it sounds CLEAN . I hate a distorted system .  
Of course i drag my tag .
http://www.myspace.com/firerat6069
http://www.myyearbook.com/tagdragger4life

Low_Limited Low_Limited
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 07/02/07
04:15 PM

I have used JL subs in my competition vehicles for over 10 years never let my down. Even took the 2002 USACi world championship with JL Audio.  I have heard others but prefer JL or Focal.

Tim  

TagDragger TagDragger
Enthusiast | Posts: 563 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 07/03/07
11:55 AM

As soon as money allows , i am gonna be pickin up a pair of Volfenhag 12" subs and amp enough to blow em . I figure that people tellin me they won't fit or if i get em to fit they won't sound good is motivation to prove em wrong . While i'm at it i am also gonna upgrade my factory dash speakers and the factory ones behind my seat and prolly add a couple component sets . But i am at a crossroad . Do i want the engine swap before the system , or the system before the engine swap . Any advice . LOL .  
Of course i drag my tag .
http://www.myspace.com/firerat6069
http://www.myyearbook.com/tagdragger4life

sadistic-customs sadistic-customs
New User | Posts: 39 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 12/01/08
09:30 PM

i do not think i ever heard a better reply on any site.like your saying it depends on the set up and each one has it own if's and butts. the flat out loudest subs i have heard were jbl power series in the p1222 and the infinity kappa perfects 10.1's which i own right now.  best sounding were fosgate's for cleanness this is besides alpine for cleanness. but granted there are better then those out there. any ways pick some think good for a amp like a us amp or us acoustics or even fosgate or alpine. even hifonis are not the best but they fit the build some times. but always go for the best you can afford.it will have it pluses  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last